Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A sad, sad day...

I voted today.  I didn't want to.  Still, I voted.  After I was finished I chose not to take the "I VOTED" sticker.  I didn't want anyone to see that I voted.  I didn't feel any better any better after I voted.  In fact, I was very sad.  Why?  I feel that today is a low point for this country.  As I went down the list of politicians to choose from...I simply could not with good conscience make a "right" decision.  Who is the better choice of candidate that blatantly lies, perpetuates half truths and then in such vile fashion, put down and demean the opposition?  I am sick of the propaganda!  I am sick of the intrusion over the the television, the radio, the telephone, the newspaper, the internet...all of it!  I'm tired of the lies...the deception!  This is a travesty for our society.  Our nation should hang its head in shame for the antics of the past few months of political discord.  I'm not proud today to be an American.  Yes, I have rights and I exercised one of them today by voting for "who knows what?!"  What happened to men and women of integrity?  Where are the folks that stand for virtue, honor and truth?  Oh, that's right...we don't elect people like that any more!  I'm truly a sad man today.  I'll read about the results tomorrow morning.  It really doesn't matter who wins.  Really, we all lose.  It's a sad, sad day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment