Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Barber died...


This poster was placed on the front door of the Basic St. Barber Shop, Henderson, NV



Yesterday I drove to my local barber shop.  I've been getting my hair cut their for probably fifteen years.  Every six to eight weeks, I go to the Basic St. Barber Shop and get my hair cut.  Yesterday was no different...that is until I pulled up and noticed that the lights were off in the shop and there were no cars in the parking lot.  I got out of my vehicle and walked up to the door and saw a sign on the door.  It announced that Bob Helmke passed away on January 21, 2011, several days after being involved in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas.  Bob, 63 years old, my barber for years, had died.  He was a good man, a gentle man.  He gave a great haircut.  The cost for years has been $18.  $13 for the cut, $5 tip, a kind thank you and the comfort of routine.  My Barber died.

No comments:

Post a Comment